If you are an essential oil user then you must be pretty aware of all the accessories that can make your essential oil experience much better. One of these said essential oil tools is the roller bottle. This is a small type of bottle with a ball top that you can fill with single or blended essential oil scents. Roller bottles are great for they make the topical application of essential oils much easier and simpler. And as previously mentioned, they are also great tools for applying blended essential oil scents. Speaking of blends in a roller bottle, we compiled a list of essential oil Rollerball recipes that we think you will definitely find useful.
Table of Contents
First things first, never start a project without gathering all the materials needed. You need o have the following before you can proceed to the next step:
- A bunch of glass roller bottles. You will decide how many bottles you want to fill. Though 10 ml. bottles are recommended, you can go for the 15 ml. ones if you think you have enough oils to fill them.
- A variety of essential oils. The recipes we assembled for you sometimes require a wide variety of oils. Make sure you do your shopping before attempting any of them.
- Carrier Oil. You can use jojoba, avocado, coconut or almond.
- Plastic Droppers. For easier transferring of oils from one bottle to the other.
How to Fill Roller Bottles
You need to follow the recipe closely in order to properly fill a roller bottle. Put a number of drops indicated in the recipe by the use of plastic droppers or pour it directly from the essential oil bottle. Next, fill the rest of the bottle with the carrier oil of your choice then lock in the roller ball and seal the top using its cover. It’s important to remember to shake the bottle well before using.
The use of roller bottles also comes with its own set of warnings and helpful tips. These are the things that you have to consider.
- The great thing about EO roller bottles is that they can be applied in almost every part of the body. However, you can’t put them in areas that are easily irritated. The eyes, ears, near the mouth and the mucous membranes are parts you should avoid when applying essential oils.
- When transferring oils, it is recommended to use small funnels to prevent any spillage risks.
- Plastic droppers are extremely helpful when transferring a specific number of EO drops from one bottle to the other. Make sure you have one or two on stuck just in case you have a hard time measuring the amount you’re getting.
- You can still use pre-made essential oil blends you can buy from sellers.
Here are the essential oil rollerball recipes we compiled just for you.
1. Let’s Focus
This blend helps people, especially kids, focus more on the task at hand. You’re going to need
- 10 drops of peppermint
- 10 drops of wild orange
Just combine these two in a roller bottle, add your chosen carrier oil and shake well.
2. Deep Breath
This essential oil blend can help you breathe at a better phase. In order to reap its benefits, you must first combine the following scents.
- 2 drops of eucalyptus
- 4 drops of peppermint
- 2 drops of rosemary
- 2 drops of lemon
Place these four scents in your roller bottle along with your chosen carrier oil. Put the ball top in place and shake well.
3. Immune Booster
This one will help you have a stronger immune system. To achieve this blend, you must mix the following scents in one bottle.
- 2 drops melaleuca
- 2 drops oregano
- 2 drops frankincense
- 2 drops lemon
- 2 drops cinnamon
After placing them all inside the roller bottle put it your carrier oil and fill it all the way to the top. Install the ball top, cover the bottle and shake it to get the blend.
4. Muscle Soother
Relieves muscle pain brought on by working out. To get some relief courtesy of a rollerball blend, you must first combine the scents listed right below.
- 6 drops of black pepper
- 10 drops of wintergreen
- 10 drops of peppermint
- 6 drops of clove
Mix them in a bottle, add the carrier oil, shake well and then apply it on the affected area.
5. Tension Tamer
A blend that immediately provides relief from head and neck tension once applied. To acquire this, you must first have the following scents.
- 4 drops peppermint
- 2 drops chamomile
- 2 drops frankincense
- 2 drops lavender oil
Mix them all in one bottle, add some carrier oil and shake well. Apply the roller bottle directly on your neck or head to remove the pain.
6. Good Night Sleep Tight
Helps solve sleep-related issues. In order to get this blend, you must first combine the following scents.
- 5 drops lavender
- 5 drops cedarwood
After mixing, add the carrier oil and apply it to the soles of your feet.
7. Clear Skin
Helps rejuvenate the skin, it can also clear acne and other skin blemishes. These are the scents you need to have to get this blend.
- 4 drops lavender
- 4 drops melaleuca
- 2 drops lemongrass
After mixing these scents with the carrier oil, apply it on the skin affected by the issue.
8. Tummy Tamer
Can cure stomach problems. This blend iseffective, you just need to have the following scents to reap its benefits.
- 2 drops peppermint
- 3 drops ginger
- 1 drop coriander
- 2 drops fennel
- 1 drop lemon
Mix these scents together with your chosen carrier oil inside your roller bottle. Once shaken well, apply it on the stomach area to get relief from stomach upset.
These are the essential oil rollerball recipes we gathered just for you and each of these recipes is guaranteed naturally safe and effective. You just need to have the right materials, carefully follow the proper procedures and you will reap their benefits you have always wanted.