Essential oils are popular in the market nowadays because of their natural ingredients and efficiency. Many experts declared these oils as effective cures for various health conditions. There are a lot of varieties of essential oils to choose from, and one of the scent is the garlic essential oil. Unlike other more fragrant scents, garlic is surely not the type of oil that you will want to diffuse and inhale. However, its efficiency and usefulness if diluted, applied, rubbed or consumed is truly amazing.
Table of Contents
Benefits of Garlic Oil
The garlic oil is very efficient. It has antibacterial, antiviral, decongestant and antifungal properties that can help fend off different health conditions. The garlic itself is loaded with very useful chemicals that can benefit your body in many ways. Here are some of the following advantages you are going to experience for using garlic essential oil.
Colds and Flu
Thanks to garlic’s antiviral component, it can prevent common infections (caused by influenza viruses) such as cold and flu from happening. These two are just seasonal, but they can still affect the way we work whenever we get them, that’s why having a garlic essential oil on standby is very important. The following are the ways you can take garlic oil in order to fight cold and flu.
Take and use it directly. However, this should only be done with a doctor’s approval. Dosages must also be kept at a minimal to medium rate because garlic oil is so potent it can cause intoxication and internal body damage.
How to use
- Combine vegetable oil and a bit of garlic essential oil. Stir it thoroughly and massage the mixture on your chest, stomach, spine, and on the soles of your feet to avoid catching colds and flu.
Garlic has a lot of anti-inflammatory and anti-viral properties and these two components can remove infections such as mucus in the respiratory system. Aside from that, it can also lower your chances of getting respiratory-related problems and these include common colds, bronchitis, and flu. One good way to use garlic oil for these types of health conditions is the application of blends for the respiratory.
How to use
- Combine 3 drops of garlic essential oil and eucalyptus oil, and then add about 30 ml. of carrier oil. Shake the mixture well before application. Massage the blend on your chest, solar plexus and the nasal area on your face to weaken the infection and help you breathe easier.
One drawback though is that your pores and nasal passages will be a bit sensitive. If you are going to use this blend make sure you are not going into some place cold afterwards.
Heart Health and Blood Pressure
Garlic is also believed to be able to keep the heart healthy and the blood pressure at a maintainable level. Supported by proper studies, garlic is said to be an effective cure for heart disease and atherosclerosis. Aside from that, it can also make the blood thinner, preventing sudden conditions such as a heart attack and stroke from happening. It can also lower the blood pressure by 5 percent to 8 percent.
Taking garlic essential oil can also have a profound effect on your cholesterol level. Previous studies showed that while garlic cannot treat high cholesterol completely. But it can lower it down to a level which can be considered as manageable. It can also reduce other body chemicals that can trigger unwanted reactions such as LDL, total cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
Garlic also contains antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that can help fight nasty skin conditions. Infections such as psoriasis, athlete’s foot, jock-itch, stubborn acne, fungus-related issues and etc. can all be treated by using garlic essential oil. And listed below are some of the ways on how you can achieve that.
It is recommended for first-time users to use an undiluted solution when applying it directly on the skin blemishes. Garlic Essential Oil can be very effective in eradicating skin blemishes without leaving obvious scars when applied purely, however, you should take note that it can also cause burns and irritations when applied on an area with healthy skin so you have to be extra careful.
How to use
- Combine small portions of garlic essential oil, sweet almond oil and lavender oil in one container. Shake it well to make sure the solution is well mixed. Then apply the blend on the affected areas at least 2 to 3 times a day. Do it until the skin smoothens. And once it does, decrease your application by t to 2 times a day until it disappears.
How to Use
There are many ways you can use garlic essential oil as an effective treatment to whatever condition it is that you have. Some of these said methods are the following.
- Mix a bit of garlic essential oil with vegetable oil. Massage the blend on your stomach, chest and back to remove symptoms of flu and cold.
- For skin infections, you can apply an undiluted drop directly on the blemish. But if you want to cover a larger area, incorporate a few drops of garlic essential oil in hot water and used it to wash the infected skin. It will help remove the itchiness and stop it from spreading.
- If you want to remove acne or a pimple, just add a drop of garlic essential oil on your facial mud mask.
- If you’re suffering from an ear infection, just combine one to two drops of garlic oil and one teaspoon of olive oil. Mix the solution well and apply it into your ear.
Unfortunately, there are many safety measures you have to remember when it comes to using garlic essential oil.
- Once opened, the garlic oil must be fully used within the first 1 to 2 weeks. The fast oxidation capabilities will allow bacteria such as salmonella to cultivate.
- When making a blend to solve a skin issue, do a test first to make sure your skin is not allergic or sensitive to garlic.
- Do not inhale it directly from the bottle.
- Avoid using garlic essential oil if you are pregnant, nursing or breastfeeding.
- Do not use on children aged 6 years old and below.
- Consume it in small to moderate doses. Taking large amount of garlic oil inside the body can cause internal organ injuries and intoxication.
The garlic essential oil comes with set of warnings that you must strictly follow in order to avoid the consequences. However, most of the chemical content it contains can help fight serious health conditions such as respiratory infections, heart problems. The garlic essential oil is one of the most useful scents that you will love.